VAT Registration in UAE
UAE residents are, under Article 13, required to register for VAT if the value of goods and services supplied exceeds or is expected to exceed the registration threshold of AED 375,000/-in 12 month Period.
A business must register for VAT if their taxable supplies and imports exceed the mandatory registration threshold of AED 375,000.
Furthermore, a business may choose to register for VAT voluntarily if their supplies and imports are less than the mandatory registration threshold, but exceed the voluntary registration threshold of AED 187,500.
Similarly, a business may register voluntarily if their expenses exceed the voluntary registration threshold. This latter opportunity to register voluntarily is designed to enable start-up businesses with no turnover to register for VAT.
UAE is going to implement VAT with effect from 1st January 2018. All companies/individuals coming under above threshold limit have to register for VAT on or before 4th December 2017.
Registration for VAT in the UAE is an online process that is accessible in the Federal Tax Authority’s online portal. Before proceeding with VAT registration, the applicant should consider various aspects such as a Tax Group or a Standalone, etc.
To proceed with VAT Registration please click https://eservices.tax.gov.ae/en-us/
Documents and information required for VAT Registration in the UAE
- Scan copy of Documents Required to Upload along with Application online.
- Trade License Copy
- Memorandum and article of association
- Partners/Owners Emirates Id Copy
- Custom registration Certificate if you have registered with Customs.
Other Information required:
- Description of business activities as per Trade License
- Turnover for the last 12 months in AED
- Expected turnover in next 30 days
- The estimated value of imports from each GCC countries for One Year
- The estimated value of exports from each GCC countries for One Year
- Whether you expect to deal with GCC suppliers or customers
- Customs registration Certificate if you have and if applicable.
- Details of Bank Account
- Audit Report or Supporting Documents for last 12 Month Sales
Here at Standard Accounting, we have bank listed VAT auditors carrying out professional VAT audits across UAE. What makes us different from the others, is the same; and the fact that our affordable VAT services are the best your company needs, whether your company is in one of the Free Zones or is an Offshore Company.
For more information and for VAT registration services purpose, please contact our below representatives